Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lush Tea Tree Water


Today a review of a favorite product of mine at this moment: Lush Tea Tree Water. I use it every morning and evening after washing my face and before I put on some moisturizer. I got it in Belgium about a year ago and I recently rediscovered it and I absolutely LOVE it. Want to know why?



We all know Lush. It's a organic, non-cruelty brand from the UK and I can't imagine someone not loving it! Now, tea tree is known for its purifying action. It reduces redness and helps making spots disappear faster. The ingredients of Lush TTW help to detox an oily skin and helps it to get balanced, that's what the lable says. It also says to help you 'take back control of you disobedient pores'. Hmm, sounds promising huh?


The packaging is just a simple black spray bottle. Just like a regular Lush packaging. It's easy to use. I don't use the cap. I just keep it like this and everytime I use it I just grab it and spritz it on my face. The cap on the top picture is just a cap I found and it fit, but I'm 99% certain it's not the cap it came with when I bought it.
It does not contain alcohol, so it won't dry out your skin, which is great. The consistancy is like water. I don't spray it on a cotton pad first and then apply it on my face to clean off the residue of make-up remover, no, I just spray it on directly and divide it al over my face and neck with my fingers. I usually use 3-4 pumps. I don't use it as a cleanser; I remove my make-up rubbing make-up remover over my face with my hands and then I use a cotton pad to gently remove my eyeliner, which is the hardest to clean off. So the rest of my face is still 'dirty' while I get in the shower and use water to remove the rest of the make-up remover and get rid of everything using a purifying facewash.

You can imagine my skin feels dry when I get out of the shower, but wait! I have my Tea Tree Water which refreshes my face and calms it. I love the scent of it. It's really fresh, very citric. After the TTW is absorbed by my skin I apply a moisturizer while my face still feels fresh from the TTW.

I did a little test with the TTW and moisturizer on my hands. This is how it looks like when you spritz it on your skin:


It just looks like water, I sprayed it on my hands with a small distance between my hands and the spray, so if you want to spray it on your face directly as I do, I'd recommend a distance of 15 cm. I used my finger to apply it on the rest of my hands, but then I realised I didn't put it on the half of my hand for a test. Oops, so I re-did it on my other hand.


I put Lush TTW only on the left side of my hand. I waited 'till it dried and then I applied moisturizer on my entire hands to see/feel if there's any difference.


I used my night cream, because it has a thick substance and it overall takes a longer while to get absorbed. I massaged it in my skin and I don't know if you can see it on the picture, but the side with TTW absorbed it quicker!


I kept rubbing it in my skin until it dried. And when it did, the side where I first applied some TTW felt much softer as if the moisturizer got deeper into my skin. While I'm typing this, which is about 4 hours later than when I took these pictures, my hand is still very soft, but you can feel a difference: where I put on the toner the skin feels smoother and softer! I just can't get my hands of my hand; sososo soft. Wow, imagine what it would do for your face!

I started using it during summer, when the weather is hot and your face tends to get greasy and it does need to cool off and calm down. I don't know if I'd use this for the winter, maybe one of the other toners of Lush is more suitable for then, but we'll see! For now I absolutely love it.

I really love this product, it also helps reducing redness on my face, when I do have pimples. It's not like they will disappear in a few minutes after application, but it does help to calm your skin and get rid of pimples and redness faster it leaves your face very fresh and moist especially when you apply moisterizer afterwards. I luuuuuv this stuff!

Oh, by the way: you have sizes of this wonderwater. A small size, which contains 100 grams and a big one which contains 250 grams (that's the one I have), but the small one is perfect for trying it out, carrying it with you on the go, vacations, etc, etc. The small size is about 5 EUR and the big one is about 11 EUR.

Have a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! :)

~ no spam; how sweet your comment may be and even though you might not have the intention to spam, it will be marked as spam. If you want to share your URL, you can select the option Name/URL in the section "Comment as:".

~ if you have a question about something totally different than the post, it might be easier to contact me through the contact form of even through email; that way you are more certain you will receive an answer (I don't know if you will get a notification when someone replies on a comment and this way it's easier for me to reply; without boring the rest of us with my answer ;-).