Saturday, November 2, 2013

Alverde Macadamianut & Sheabutter Body Butter


Last year in Frankfurt I went to the DM. It's a German drugstore and I was blown away by it! Dutch drugstores are close to nothing compared to German drugstores. Because Germany is a much bigger country, drugstores have a bigger 'reach' if you know what I mean. So when they launch a new product the public they present it to is much bigger than the public in the Netherlands. In Germany there are a lot of organic cosmetics. Alverde is one of the many. It's a brand from the drugstore called DM. I got this because the packaging says that it's the number 1 in most sold organic brand. I was wondering if it was a real buttery body butter and not a more lotion-ish one (those are kind of disappointing:( ). Will it make my skin soft? For less than 3 EUR? You'll read it after the click!
It says to be made for extreme dry skin, so I'd expect it to be very nourishing and softening. When I opened the jar I smelled a delicious smell. It's sweet, warm, just the smell you'd expect from a combination of macadamia nuts and sheabutter. Yum. A huge + already!


The consistancy is white and sooo soft, but solid at the same time. It's defenitely a butter! When you run your finger over the surface, it feels so smooth and silky.. I want to bathe in it.



It's a very thick and, yes, a nourishing butter, very suitable for those with a very dry skin. After application your skin feels so soft, I couldn't stop rubbing my leg with my other leg. This product is even vegan, so that's great too. Defenitely worth it's money! I'd say run to the DM and get some! I also got one body butter from the same brand in a Vervaine version, I'm really excited to try that one out! But I want to finish this one first before I open another one, because I don't use body butters/lotion/cream that often actually, mostly during the cold months. So when I'll get to the other one I'll defenitely write about that one. For now, this one is great. I love it, I love the smell, I love the product itself, I love the price, I love DM, I love Alverde.. Love love love luv.

Have a lovely day!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! :)

~ no spam; how sweet your comment may be and even though you might not have the intention to spam, it will be marked as spam. If you want to share your URL, you can select the option Name/URL in the section "Comment as:".

~ if you have a question about something totally different than the post, it might be easier to contact me through the contact form of even through email; that way you are more certain you will receive an answer (I don't know if you will get a notification when someone replies on a comment and this way it's easier for me to reply; without boring the rest of us with my answer ;-).