Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Lush Mini Haul


Last week saturday I went to Utrecht with my Mum. I wanted to go to Lush since my Tea Tree Water is running low and I wanted to buy a new bottle. I recently rediscovered it and I remember why I loved it. I don't really know why I stopped using it actually, but my skin was getting bad (as in, redness, dry) and I started to use the toner again before I applied my moisturizer and after a few day I saw my skin was getting less red and much more smoother.
Anyway, moving on to the mini haul!






I got two things. I repurchased the Tea Tree Water and got myself a new cleanser.


I bought 110 grams of Fresh Farmacy and I really look forward using it.


I really got squashed in my purse, whoops. and this is what it looks like, it has a old-pink/brown color and the smell is neutral to me, I understand that some people absolutely love the smell, but not me. Maybe it's the lavender.
I don't know yet how to incorporate this to my skin care routine yet, so I stored it in a little box, to prevent it from drying out.



I cut it in 2 'nog' pieces and a small one, for my Mom. This stuff is so fresh it's feels really moist in a good way.

I still got a little of my old Tea Tree Water left, so the one I bought is not yet in use.



However, it caught my eye that the packaging is slightly changed.
First, the label.




The one on the left is the new one (the cap's not lost yet;). They have put some tips and more info on the label and the description has changed, but it's still the same product and that's what matters right!?

And secondly, this is a very small detail, the bottom.


This is what the old bottom looks like, a sort of hole in the bottom, a number 2, "100% recycled", and a triangle with an 1 in it and under it saying HDPE, which stands for High Density Poly-Ethylene (some sort of plastic, can't see through it, and has a high density). The number in the triangle in combination with the kind of plastic the packaging is made of (obligated to mention on the packaging) tells you how 'save' the material of the packaging is only in case you don't reuse it, this rule applies especially to water bottles. The coating can be damaged and some harmful chemicals will in that case end up in the water you're drinking.


And this is how the bottoms of my new bottle of Tea Tree Water looks like. It looks like as if the hole in this bottom is cut open and closed off with some melted plastic. I don't know, it looks weird. I know Lush reuses their bottles, but this makes me feel like I have bought an 'old' product lol. Not to whine, or anything, I'm still happy I bought it and since it's on the bottom of the bottle, it doesn't really bother me. For the rest it looks quite the same, except the number one in the triangle has disappeared.

Overall, the packaging is the quite the same. And I hope the formula is the same as well.

Oh, and I remember now why I stopped using it. The spritzer is somehow a little bit clogged, so when I'd spray it on my face, it's doesn't divide the liquid in a nice mist, it was as if I was spraying it on my face with a water pistol. I ran it through warm water, but it didn't really work, so how I use it now is that I spray 3-5 times in the palm of my hands and then apply it on my face. Works for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! :)

~ no spam; how sweet your comment may be and even though you might not have the intention to spam, it will be marked as spam. If you want to share your URL, you can select the option Name/URL in the section "Comment as:".

~ if you have a question about something totally different than the post, it might be easier to contact me through the contact form of even through email; that way you are more certain you will receive an answer (I don't know if you will get a notification when someone replies on a comment and this way it's easier for me to reply; without boring the rest of us with my answer ;-).