Monday, August 25, 2014

NOTD Essie Snap Happy ft Leading Lady



Wow, it's been a while! Hope you all do well :). Anyway, today a NOTD. I usually don't wear red that much (lips, nails, clothes), but as red is a classic nail polish color, I felt like I had to wear it al least once.



I was studying (and bored out of my mind) and started to paint my nails in the meantime. With the idea that I was allowed to paint one nail if I finished reading one paragraph.
Of course I ended up concentrating on my nails instead of studying. Whoops.
I started with one layer of 'Snap Happy' on every nail.


I was amazed. One layer of this polish and my nails were covered beautifully in red! I wore this color one day and I loved it. It looked happy and fresh and it didn't even take that much time to paint my nails since I only used one(!!) layer. For a bit more intense color you can apply two layers of course.

As you can see on the first picture, I also happen to have another red color from Essie, called 'Leading Lady'. I thought this would be a glitter top coat, so I applied it over the red color I was already wearing. ...and again, I was amazed.
It wasn't  a glitter top coat as I expected, but it was a regular polish!




It covered happy snap totally. I painted my nails when it was dark outside, so I couldn't see the color in sunlight. For that, I had to wait till I woke up in the morning.




And this is what it looked like! I you look hard enough, you can see Snap Happy through it a little bit, but wow. This color is amazing too! I love how the sparkles make the color less dark, it literally makes it light up a little and I love that :). It reminds me a little of Christmas.

These are not the first Essie nail polish that I bought, but these are as a matter of fact the first Essie polishes that I have worn till now and I absolutely love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! :)

~ no spam; how sweet your comment may be and even though you might not have the intention to spam, it will be marked as spam. If you want to share your URL, you can select the option Name/URL in the section "Comment as:".

~ if you have a question about something totally different than the post, it might be easier to contact me through the contact form of even through email; that way you are more certain you will receive an answer (I don't know if you will get a notification when someone replies on a comment and this way it's easier for me to reply; without boring the rest of us with my answer ;-).