Wednesday, January 8, 2014

DIY Make Your Own Dip Nail Polish Remover!


I love DIYs; I love to 'experiment' like making lipblams and stuff. A few days ago I made a jar with nailpolishremover, the one where you can stick your finger in, wiggle it and your nail is free from nailpolish. I always wanted to try one out, but never bought one, because I always had some nailpolishremover in stock. I decided to make one myself a few days ago!

Now, what do you need?


Some nailpolish remover, an empty jar, some foam and a pair of scissors.
I advice to use a cheap remover or one you don't like to use with cotton balls/pads.

Take the jar and measure the height to where you want the foam to fill the jar.


Cut the foam and roll it softly to a roll to see if it will fit in the jar.


I thought about this amount would fit in the jar, but what seemed to be the case? When you add the remover in the jar the foam will get soaked and won't be that firm. I think 1,5 of 2 times the volume of the jar will do.

Then roll it to the size that will allow you to put the roll of foam in the jar.


Simply put it in the jar


Add the remover, when the foam is soaked in it, you know you put enough in it. I used a gel nailpolish remover, so it wasn't really a liquid. I filled it to the top and I beat the jar on the bottom with my hand so the remover would sink down.



I really don't like the way this remover works with cotton pads, so I used it to experiment with this. It didn't really remove my nailpolish that well.

Time to test! As you can see it really is time for me to remove the polish


 Wiggle wiggle wiggle


It works! It doesn't even leave the sides of your nails creapy red. As you can see it is a gel nailpolishremover, lol.
You can make your own one with a much prettier jar and make it looks much more beautiful of course! This was simply the first empty jar I could find. A small tip: pick a jar thats not too deep.

Well, that's how you can make a nail polish remover wiggle thingy yourself! How do they call those things anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! :)

~ no spam; how sweet your comment may be and even though you might not have the intention to spam, it will be marked as spam. If you want to share your URL, you can select the option Name/URL in the section "Comment as:".

~ if you have a question about something totally different than the post, it might be easier to contact me through the contact form of even through email; that way you are more certain you will receive an answer (I don't know if you will get a notification when someone replies on a comment and this way it's easier for me to reply; without boring the rest of us with my answer ;-).