Thursday, January 9, 2014

Organic Lipbalm With Camelina Oil


A few weeks ago you might have seen this one popping by (click!). Since the weather is cold outside and I'm getting a kind of cold, what forces me to breathe through my mouth when I sleep, my lips tend to dry out. The last few days I used whatever I could find on my lips. Well, what seemed suitable anyway. I decided to try out on of my new lipbalms!




As you can see it looks like a regular plain white lipbalm. It smells nice, a soft flowery smell. Not too dominant, very subtle. I think the packaging is cool too, it's not like any other balms, though it seems to me that there might be a problem with the packaging getting messed up when you carry it with you for a while, since its made of paper mainly.
It's easy in use, you just twist it and the balm rises so you can simply apply it on your lips.




Let's see how it looks when I have applied it to my lips, shall we?


This is how my lips look like, dry, almost at the point where parts of dry skin come off (luckily not really visible on pictures). yikes.


With lip balm. It looks better. You can't really really tell if there's something on my lips, but if you compare it to the picture with my 'naked' lips, you can definitely see that I've applied something.
The balm doesn't apply very easily, I had to move it over my lips for a couple of times to make it melt a little, it seemed. Also, there isn't very much coming off the stick; it's pretty hard, you have rub it over your lips a few times. Very eco in use, though.
To me it's like a regular lip balm for lazy days, but it's definitely not a SOS balm, which I like to be more oily-like so it leaves a layer of balm for my lips to absorb and get soft.


After use. The scratches of my dry lips don't get very deep in the stick, because of the hard waxes in it.


For a lip balm it's a pretty 'wide' one. I can do both my lips at the same time and because it's a pretty wide one, it's not a long stick of lipbalm. It still contains 5 grams, which is pretty much!

I paid 1,95 EUR for it, so I think it's a fair price.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! :)

~ no spam; how sweet your comment may be and even though you might not have the intention to spam, it will be marked as spam. If you want to share your URL, you can select the option Name/URL in the section "Comment as:".

~ if you have a question about something totally different than the post, it might be easier to contact me through the contact form of even through email; that way you are more certain you will receive an answer (I don't know if you will get a notification when someone replies on a comment and this way it's easier for me to reply; without boring the rest of us with my answer ;-).