Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Perfumefree Nightcream by Kruidvat



First of all I want to wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year! Hope you had a good one. Yesterday I went for a little shopping, actually I went windowshopping. I didn't really need anything but a night cream, since the one I'm using is almost done. My skin is very dry and irritated lately, so I wanted to try an extra nourishing one. So I went to 'Kruidvat', a Dutch drugstore. I found this one, which is perfumefree and from their own brand. I happen to own the daycream version of this one, so I got the nightcream too now!



As you can see on the packaging this product is created for people with very sensitive skin, that's propably why there's no perfume in it. Like I told you before: my skin is very irritated lately, it dries out very fast and I have red spots on my face, they're not even pimples. So I wanted to try out this one, a gentle moisturizer for my face. I was very eager to try this one out. Now, what does the packaging say?

It says to be developed for ultra sensitive skin. It contains almond and jojoba oil (odour-less and nourishing) for protection against dehydration and for a mild treatment for your skin. It's enriched with allantoin, which soothes your skin, and panthenol to stimulate the recovery of your skin and reduce redness and irritations overnight.

Well, that sounds promising, doesn't it?

I have to say the packaging doesn't really attract me, but I paid only 3 euros for this. I prefer paying less and buying a good product with a boring packaging to paying the jackpot for a good product with an awesome packaging. Though, I have to say I love beautiful packagings!



As you can see it's just a simple packaging; a small glass jar with a plastic cap on it, which you have to twist. 'Kruidvat' is pressed in the plastic.


The cream is sealed with aluminium.


The cream just looks like a white paste. Very simple. Since it doesn't contain any perfume, it doesn't have a specific fresh smell or something, but it isn't entirely odour-free. I can't say I like the smell, but it isn't very disturbing. It is, however, 100% perfume free, I can tell you!


I don't know if you can tell it from the picture, but the consistancy of the cream is not really thick, it feels like a light. smooth cream. But! when you apply it you can feel it contains oil and it does feel nourishing. In the first place I thought it would be a fresh moisturizer, because it is a pretty thin-looking cream, but nothing is what it seems. I think it's a pretty rich cream. When you apply it it does leave a white trace on your skin, but when you rub it in it'll disappear.




Once it;s absorbed by your skin, your skin doesn't feel like it usually does (by which I mean 'dry' as in 'creamless'), but it leaves a sort of layer on your skin, which takes longer to absorb. It's not oily, it feels more like a barrier to prevent your skin from dehydrating or something. I really like that. Because most of the night creams I've used are mostly absorbed immediately, but before I go to sleep I'm laying in bed on my side with my face on my blanket reading something. I know that if I lay like that for long, my cheek gets irritated or even dry and with this stuff I got the feeling that it prevents that somehow. Of course my blanket will absorb some of that, but les than it will if my skin is dry.

I know it takes a while before you can actually say if a moisturizer is actually doing something for your skin, but I feel and see so much improvement after one use! The redness on my skin is reduced and my skin doesn't feel that dry like it did days before. Of course it all can be coincidence, that my skin just improves because of something, but I am pretty sure it has something to do with this little mate :-).

I'll keep you posted!

Oh and for those who are interested; the ingredients:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! :)

~ no spam; how sweet your comment may be and even though you might not have the intention to spam, it will be marked as spam. If you want to share your URL, you can select the option Name/URL in the section "Comment as:".

~ if you have a question about something totally different than the post, it might be easier to contact me through the contact form of even through email; that way you are more certain you will receive an answer (I don't know if you will get a notification when someone replies on a comment and this way it's easier for me to reply; without boring the rest of us with my answer ;-).