Friday, January 24, 2014

Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me


With my lips still dried out and almost cracking I am in huge need of a lifesaver, or, actually, a lipsaver. Everytime I try to smile my lip is on the edge of bursting open, which is very painful. I tried my organic lipbalm, but that's not really a great SOS-lipbalm, it's more suitable for, let's say, maintenance. I had one Maybelline Baby Lips balm lying around and I decided it's time to try that baby out!


A few months ago I went to Germany. At that time Baby Lips weren't available in The Netherlands. I wanted to try one, so I went for the one that added a little bit of color to my lips. I was very curious about this lip balm, because I've read a lot of good things about this product.

Initially I thought it would be an average lipbalm like Labello. So I decided I would try it out when I finished one of my many lipbalms/chapsticks, but today, however, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to give it a try anyway.


It comes in a packaging which you can't just open in a shop, which is good, I don't like my lipbalms turned out to be used already.


What does the packaging say?

Proven results from self assessment on 105 women:
  • 82% healthier looking lips
  • 82% lips felt baby soft
  • 81% lips felt less dry
  • 76% lips looked visibly renewed
  • 8 hours of moisture
Sounds promising! So, will this be my hero that will help me get rid of those cracked lips? And how does it look on my lips?

!WARNING! My lips are really dry, and when I say really dry, I mean it. ;) Luckily they've not cracked yet.


Lips 'naked'
With one coat of Baby Lips in Cherry Me
Well, that's a huge difference isn't it? The camera doesn't pick up the color too well, but in real life the color is more hot pink and when you put more coats of balm on your lips, the color will intensify.
The first time I applied this on my lips it felt as if it melted on my lips and my lips immediately absorbed some of the balm. Cherry Me has a subtle cherry scent, which is not disturbing.
However, does it do as much for me as the 105 women who tested this products?

  • Healthier looking lips: Yes
  • Lips feel baby soft: Softer, still some pieces of dry skin, not baby soft, maybe when my lips are in a more normal state.
  • Lips feel less dry: Definitely
  • Lips look visibly renewed: I think so? I don't really exactly know what they mean by it, but it sure looks different than before!
  • 8 hours of moisture: Not sure about the eight hours, but my lips were moist for a couple of hours before I whiped it off for dinner.
Of course your lips look and feel softer when you apply a glossy something on it, but how do they look when you whipe it off? Will they turn out as white and dry just like before?

After

Nope! This is how my lips look like after whiping it off and having dinner. They almost look normal again. 



Do I recommend this stuff? Absolutely. It's great for my dried lips and I believe my lips may be chunk-free by tomorrow!
It applies really smooth and feels very soft on the lips. Also, it's not visible that you have dry lips when you put this on (kind of same effect with lipgloss), unlike lipstick and I also think the packaging looks cute. I'm not a huge fan of the color orange, though ;), but I don't care, I love the product.

A fat A+ from me! I paid about 3 euros for my Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me.

Maybelline Baby lips come in several colors. I just spotted Baby Lips Dr. Rescue online! Gotta get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment! :)

~ no spam; how sweet your comment may be and even though you might not have the intention to spam, it will be marked as spam. If you want to share your URL, you can select the option Name/URL in the section "Comment as:".

~ if you have a question about something totally different than the post, it might be easier to contact me through the contact form of even through email; that way you are more certain you will receive an answer (I don't know if you will get a notification when someone replies on a comment and this way it's easier for me to reply; without boring the rest of us with my answer ;-).