Friday, September 5, 2014

Review Favorites August 2014


Today I'm doing a review of the favorites of August. Hope you enjoy!

Starting off with the Lush Tea Tree Water. I already did a review on this product, you can read it here.

The L'Oréal Infallible retractable eyeliner was a favorite too. On this product I already did a review too. You can find that one here. This one is, however, in the color Grey Obsession. The texture and application is the same. It just the color that makes the difference.


In the picture above you can see the swatches. The first line is one stroke, the second line are two strokes on top of each other. Because it's grey and not black, it makes a more softer look on your eyes. Love it! I mostly use it for my under lash line, but I also like to use it on my upper lash line instead of liquid eyeliner.

My third favorite is a new product! The Essence Longlasting Eyepencil in Black Fever.


It is a retractable eyeliner as well. I was still looking for a good (cheaper) alternative for the L'Oréal Infallible one and.... I found it. Yes, I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner pencil.
It doesn't smudge, a problem I have with a lot of eye/kholpencils, it stays in place all day long and ugh, I just love it!!
Pigmentation is good, it's much cheaper than the one from L'Oréal and you get a little bit more liner for your money too. The L'Oréal one contains 0,24 grams and this one contains 0,28 grams.
The only downside of this product is that it squeaks when you turn the pencil to get the kohl out.
It's creamy, waterproof, smudgeproof, amazing. It it creamier than the infallible, but you'll get used to it quick enough.


Same for the swatches; above one swipe, underneath; two swipes.

Next was a make up brush, which was also a favorite of mine; the angled eyeliner brush which I use for my eyebrows.



The bristles are stiff and synthetic. I really do not like it for lining my eyes with gelliner, but it's perfect for my eyebrows. It works precise and the bristles don't "get out of track" because they're so stiff. I use it in combination with a Rimmel eyeshadow in Jet Black. It really is a crappy eyeshadow. Zero pigmentation and the application is really messy and ugly, but it is all right for eyebrows, because it is so bad pigmented. However, when I apply moisturizer over my eyebrows before I draw them, the eyeshadow appears much more darker and it makes it all messy to work with. It is absolutely not a favorite of mine, but it is okay when you use it on dry eyebrows.

And the last favorite of August 2014: Catrice Beautifying Lip Smoother.


It comes in a tube which you have to squeeze to get some product out.


It has a sponge applicator which is soft on the lips. I don't know if I like it, but it looks pretty dirty after a few times using it. The sponge gets all the pink color on it, so does the cap and the white plastic which holds the sponge applicator. I like the way it works, application is easy, but you'll have to wipe it off after you use it to keep it clean(ish).
Now, the swatches:



It is a sheer color, but with some pigmentation to give your lips some color.
How it looks on my lips:


"Naked" lips.


My lips with some Beautifying Lip Smoother on it.
It definitely makes my lips pink. For me, it's a beautiful nude/pink color and I love it. I think it's pretty similar to Kiko's Super Gloss. Maybe a bit lighter.
As you can see I have a kind of dry skin patch on my lips and it is not visible with the lip smoother applied on my lips, but when your lips are dryer and have more, let's say, severe dryness, this product won't look too good on you. So I don't really agree on the "Smoother" part and lips always do look better when you apply something glossy on it. I do love the color and that's why it's a favorite of mine. Oh, and the smell is sweet/vanilla-ish.
The consistency is between a lipstick and a lipgloss, it's like a lipcream, but a bit glossier. You can add some layers to give your lips more color, but when you apply too much, it gets stripy and it does not look very pretty.
The color I wear is 030 Cake Pop.

No comments: